Rope stropped blocks

Here is my first attempt at making my own blocks. The wood is a piece of purpleheart a friend at work gave to me, and then some oak for contrast. The delrin pulley I turned on my drill press. The selvagee strop I made from #6 bank line that I bought from a place called The Thread Exchange I found online. I did lay up some rope grommets, but wanted to try out this selvagee strop after I read about it. The strop is basically 8 turns of the line in the size strop you want with marline hitching all around to hold it together. Really strong once it is all done up.

I have the rest of the blanks glued up already and the remainder of my blocks should go together a lot quicker than my prototype did.


About timsboats

Beginning hobby boat builder Wannabee sailor
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s